Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
As we wade through this wheat allergy with Miss LadyBug, I am loving and learning about many great companies and what they have to offer that is not only gluten-free, but also meet my high criteria for chemical-free and non-GMO. Companies like Bakery on Main have made it their mission to bring consumers great tasting all-natural, gluten-free products. From gluten-free granola and oatmeal to fiber and granola bars, Bakery on Main is working to provide us with delicious and nutritious snacks to savor! I was lucky enough to receive an assortment of Bakery on Main’s Truebars to review and some to give to one of you!
What did I think?
The Truebar is a fruit and nut energy bar that as it’s wrapper boasts, has “nothing to hide”. These gluten-free, non-GMO bars come in six flavorful and delicious varieties! All of the bars are a great source of fiber and Omega 3 (from superfood chia!). Here are the six flavors and what I thought of each!
- Hazelnut Chocolate Cherry: This one was definitely my favorite! It had mini chocolate chips that lent an almost dessert like decadence to this bar when combined with the tart cherry and light hazelnut crunch.
- Raspberry Chocolate Almond: I love that this bar mixes three of my favorite things into one compact and scrumptious package that I can eat without guilt. I did not get to chow down on this one much as Miss LadyBug quickly claimed it as her favorite! She loved the tart raspberry bite with the silky chaser of chocolate chips. Since she loves almonds, this bar was a win all around!
- Walnut Cappuccino: I think this bar would go perfectly with a cup of coffee (or cappuccino!) Nutty with an almost smoky coffee flavor weaved in. Of course, I am firmly in the chocolate camp of things, but hubby really enjoyed this one!
- Apricot Almond Chai: This bar hits you right away with the sweet and tangy apricot flavor right away, followed by light flavor of chai. For me, it was too sweet and hubby agreed. That did not stop the girls from enjoying it though – they love apricots and that carries through to this sweet bar!
- Fruit & Nut: This bar is your basic fruit and nut bar – it is hearty bar with a little of everything: walnuts, pumpkin seeds, raisins, chia, dried cranberries, and hazelnuts to name just a few of the earthy ingredients in this bar. It was tasty and to the point – no frills here, but who needs them when you have done something so right? I think this bar would be great to take along on long bikes rides or runs as a quick pick me up!
- Coconut Cashew: Now, for hubby, this one took home the trophy for the win of best fruit and nut bar! This sweet and nutty bar is delicious and crunchy. It brings a worldliness to the bars with its tropical, coconut coating and delicious chewy nature!
If you are looking for a healthy snack that is made with safe, non-GMO products and that is gluten-free, I highly recommend Bakery on Main’s Truebars. They are delicious, filling and full of great nutrients! Be sure to learn more about Truebars and other Bakery on Main products by visiting their website, liking them on Facebook and following them on Twitter!
How would you like to win a 12 pack of assorted Truebars? Enter with the giveaway tool below! THREE WINNERS! This giveaway is open to US Residents only, ages 18 and older. The giveaway will run from July 22, 2013 through August 5, 2013 at 11 PM CST.
Savory Savings is not responsible for prize fullfillment. This giveaway is in no way affiliated with any social media website.